Thursday, September 3, 2009

FAIL

Scott had his 10 year high school reunion a few weeks ago. I knew I wanted to get something cute and new to really be impressive. Really trying to avoid the Lance Dyer 1999 reaction "She's HUGE!!"

Soooo anyways, I planned on buying a new dress and found a really cute lacy one that worked perfectly. Well, almost perfectly. The only problem I really had was it had no sleeves, just spaghetti straps. But that's doable. I could wear a shirt under it (still cute) or a black cardigan over. Then the only problem was I didn't have either of those things with me, and I wouldn't be getting back to my house before it was time to go that evening. But we were at the mall! I was bound to find something.

Enter Express and a black cardigan. I didn't even look at the price tag. $50 later at the register, Scott walked over and said "HOW much?" Whoops... Major "Things We Almost Bought" FAIL.

Fast forward to last night we were talking about how I had seen a couple of cute flower girl dresses online that had our wedding colors involved, but they were like $50! Considering the bridesmaids dresses were less than $40, it seemed like more than I wanted to spend. Scott mentions "$50! Its not like you would ever spend that much on a cardigan..."

1 comment: