Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Venue?! I hardly know you!

So this may seem like a no-brainer to many of you. "Just have it at the church building!" Well that's exactly what we are going to do. Luckily we have the coolest church building on the planet, and it has a very cute courtyard in the middle where we plan on having our reception.

But it wasn't always this easy for me to default to the church. I dreamed of intimate gatherings by the sea, or in quiet restaurants. But with fees starting at $4000 there was no way it could be justified, but I could dream, right?

Here are a couple of my dream locations:
powerhouse park, del mar
la estancia, la jolla

So yes, they are beautiful, but I don't feel like I am settling by having our wedding reception at the chapel. After all, it has an ocean view, beautiful courtyard and best of all the price tag of free! Plus, I am taking it as a challenge. If anyone can make a reception at the church beautiful, memorable, and fun, it's me (or really its the combination of my super talented family and friends).

No comments:

Post a Comment