Friday, October 9, 2009

Temptations

I'll admit it, I often find myself tempted. I spend a lot of time online. From catching up with the blogs in my reader (which lately include a barrage of wedding blogs that are annoyingly addicting), to other finds from friends sites to facebook, I really do always have something new to peruse.

Here is what has been catching my eye lately - (click at your own risk, spending temptations ahead!)

1. Daily Candy. I don't know why I didn't find this site earlier, although my pocketbook is probably grateful. Luckily there is no San Diego city listing yet, but the Online listings keep me busy enough. What is it? Basically a listing of the latest and greatest in style, fashion, food etc.

2. Mighty Goods. This is a tried and true favorite of mine, where internet maven Maggie Mason (mightygirl.net) posts her latest, favorite-ist shopping finds. She had me smiling widely with her jellyfish finds which were featured earlier this week. This is also where I first saw clocky, the alarm clock that you have to chase. Brilliant, right?

3. Outblush. Fun shopping blog with pretty interesting finds. Moustache key holder? Sold! (Almost)

4. Incredible Things. They really are! Moustache mugs! We could have used those for the stache bash. Maybe we should have a 2nd annual stache bash just to sport these. (or better yet, draw moustaches on paper cups for the party, instant TWAB post!)

5. Etsy Showcase. I love to check out the etsy showcase. It is usually a great mixing of what the site has to offer. This dress is amazing, and would make a great halloween costume.

Side note: in most of the wedding blogs I read, they end their posts with these annoying questions, related to their entries for the main purpose of enticing comments. "Have you dealt with any animal related mishaps in planning for your wedding? If so, what were they?" (Her cat peed on her mom's vintage dress she was going to wear). "Did you decide to change your last name? Were there any repurcussions?" (Her in-laws freaked when she convinced her fiance to hyphenate). "How many cakes did you taste before deciding on your perfect flavor?" (She went through 3 bakerys and about 7 tastings). And the problem with these is now I can't ever think of a way to end my entries. That being said...

What shopping sites do you love to get tempted by? How do you help from not spending?

No comments:

Post a Comment